Brexit is starting to happen, as Covid moves from the agenda
Trade deals by numbers
- 66 Number of countries the UK Government has secured trade deals with in less than two years
- £890bn Total value of UK trade with these countries (as of 2019)
- £229.9bn Total value of UK trade with the US, our biggest trading partner in 2019
- £15.2bn Estimated long-term increase in trade with a UK/Japan agreement
- £111bn How much UK trade with the CPTPP was worth in 2019. The UK has applied to join, deepening ties with emerging markets
- £20bn Trade deal between Canada and UK signed on 9 December 2020. Both countries to negotiate a tailor-made deal in 2021.
- £20bn Value of trade in 2019-20 with Australia, with which the UK has just announced a trade deal.